Thursday, August 13, 2009

I've been perusing the internet this morning just to see what I could find. I suppose I'm not really in the mood to do anything worthwhile and I'm too lazy right now to try anyway so here's the best that I can come up with. And trust me, these are some really great ideas. I want the perfect litterbox, cat tree that i could spend hours staring at and some perches that they could climb around on.

Those few items would make my cats very happy, but the problem is that I have 5 cats so anytime I switch to a new litterbox that I adore I may have to buy more than 2...how do you do that on a scant budget? I suppose I could try most of these things out on my own, but Rigid can't exactly help me. He's not the most creative person in the world and well...kind of boring. Doesn't even bother trying. Guess I'll have to do it myself.

Now this litterbox would be ideal. It's got a perforated top which the one at the pet store did not. Along with a very Ikeaesque look the box comes with it's very own scooper that includes a small litter brush in it's design.
They sell reusable blue liners that would make cleaning these boxes super easy. I always knew there had to be an easier way to use liners and not thrown them away. It seems so idiotic that no one thought of it before. Maybe they did and I just missed it. It was something I have been thinking about for a long time as well.
I recently discussed it with Rigid and he thought it was a great idea. Too bad we lack the resources and the ingenuity to pull it off ourselves...or could it be a lack of ambition? Don't know. Ideas are always floating out of our heads, but never onto a piece of paper or an actual prototype.
This is exactly the liner that I had been thinking of. Something sturdy that would be able to withstand the clawing, but collapsable to make it easy to clean after disposing of litter.

Seems like a great idea, but in practice I have no idea. I'm hoping that I'll be able to afford these things soon. I could really use about 3 or 4 litterboxes and they seem to take up so little space that 4 boxes would be just fine. Okay, I can deal with 3, but I really would rather have 5. One box per cat. It's silly, but I'm positive that it would help them be just that much happier.


No comments: